Dear Certified Medication Aide:
In order to remain on the Certified Medication Aide (CMA) Registry and to be eligible to work in an approved licensed healthcare facility, you must meet the requirements for re-certification and be in good standing on the CNA and CMA registry. Requirements for Recertification:
- Qualified work as a CMA in an ALC or nursing home during every 24 consecutive months from the time of your initial certification;
- A completed standardize comprehensive medication skills checklist form signed by a Georgia licensed Registered Nurse or Pharmacist within the past 18 months of expiration date;
- Completion of the Application for Renewal;
- Payment of the recertification fee of $25.00. Payment information is located at www.mmis.georgia.gov, click on the Medication Aide Tab.The CMA credit card payment link is listed under Section IV- Documents, Forms and Public Links. Do not submit renewal fee to Alliant Health Solutions; and
- CMA expiration date cannot be updated without verification of the recertification fee of $25.00.
If you are unable to meet these requirements, you must re-take the Georgia State approved medication aide training program and pass the state written competency examination again
to remain on the Georgia Medication Aide Registry.
You must send the Medication Aide Registry a completed Application for Renewal as a Certified Medication Nurse. The form may be printed from the website and mailed to Alliant Health Solutions. You may process the renewal form on-line via the website at www.mmis.georgia.gov
. Incomplete forms will not be processed. The renewal form must be submitted prior to CMA certification expiration date. Please allow 30 business days for processing.
If your name or address changes within the next 24 months, fill out a Change of Name/Address form and mail to the Alliant Health Solutions, Attn: GA Medication Aide Registry, P.O. Box 105753, Atlanta, Georgia 30348.
You may print a request for Change of Name/Address form via the website at www.mmis.georgia.gov
. All questions should be directed to the Certified Medication Aide Registry at 678-527-3010 or 800-414-4358. Failure to return the Application for Renewal as a Certified Medication Aide will result in your name being removed from the Georgia Medication Aide Registry and you will not be eligible to be hired as a medication aide by a licensed assisted living community or nursing homes.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please call the numbers above. Thank you for your cooperation.
Georgia Medication Aide Registry.
All Certified Medication Aide on-line renewal forms MUST
have a completed standardize comprehensive medication skills checklist form signed by a Georgia licensed Registered Nurse or Pharmacist within the past 18 months of expiration date. The skills checklist MUST
be scanned and attached to the on-line renewal submission. The on-line renewal submission will not
process without the attached skills checklist.
A renewal form can be printed from www.mmis.georgia.gov
, click on the Medication Aide Tab. Mail the renewal form with a copy of the required skills checklist form to the address on the form.